Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any time, it is the guests responsibility to keep up to date. By engaging the business, you accept these terms and conditions.
Office Hours 9am-12pm and 2pm-5pm (These hours may vary)
Check in Time: 2pm onward. Please notify the property in advance if arriving after 5pm.
Check out Time: 10am at the latest
Important Booking Information
- Please note that room numbers are not guaranteed and can be changed as required by the property.
- Please note that the same room is not guaranteed for bookings of 2 nights or more.
- Please note that the same room is not guaranteed for group bookings.
- Children may only be accommodated in a Family Room. Please do not show up without informing us as we cannot guarantee that your booking will be honoured.
- Our standard cancellation policy is 7 nights. Excluding bookings over a week, any discounted specials and any bookings during Easter, Public Holidays, Christmas and New Year. These are all paid upfront and non refundable.
- All weekly rate bookings require payment up front and at least one week's notice before cancellation.
- Once inside the 7 night cancellation policy bookings will be precharged, as from then they are non refundable. Credit Cards held against the booking will be charged. Please note the credit card fee is 3%. If you wish to pay an alternative way you must contact the property at time of booking.
- Please note Aspen Lodge Alcohol Policy, which is no drinking after 10pm (excluding special events periods where further restrictions may be in place).
- Persons who are not guests of Aspen Lodge are not allowed on the property. Any extra people will be charged and asked to leave immediately.
- The property has the right to refuse any booking and bookings can be cancelled anytime at the discretion of the property.
- I.D must be provided at check in. We accept a passport, NZ driver’s licence or HANZ 18+ card ONLY.
- Please note charges may apply for damage to the property or lost bookings due to guest behaviour.
- Please note a charge of $30 (+3% surcharge) will be charged for any lost key.
Covid 19 Terms & Conditions
- Self Isolation is not permitted due to the nature of our premises. Upon booking you understand it’s your own responsibility to organise self-isolation if required before, during or after your stay.
- If you are unable to travel due to COVID-19 the standard cancellation policy applies. We highly recommend travel insurance that covers you for illness such as COVID.
Terms and conditions may change inline with any new/updated government information.
Cancellation & No Show
- If the guest does not show up on the first night of their booking (without prior notification), the booking will be charged in full (no refund given) and the room will be released.
- A 7 night cancellation policy applies to all standard bookings, if you cancel inside of this you will be charged the total price directly to the credit card details provided at the time of making the booking.
- Bookings over $500, weekly rates, discounted non-refundable rates, Easter, Christmas, New Years and group bookings are all non-refundable and non-transferable in any circumstance.
- We do not provide refunds for weather events, travel delays or road closures. We recommend that you take out travel insurance for your vacation.
- Please note any group booking not made direct can be cancelled at the discretion of the property and any bookings which are made separate that are deemed to be together can be charged or cancelled at the discretion of Aspen Lodge Backpackers.
- Groups are classed as 4 guests or more travelling together at the same time.
- Full payment is required at the time of making the reservation and it’s non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstance.
- One credit card per room as a security for hostel damages.
ONLY for Christmas & New Year's Period - 22 December - 10 January
- Xmas & New year’s bookings made between 22 December to 10 January will be charged in full at the time of making the reservation, at this stage it is non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstance.
- 5 night minimum required between the 28th December to the 4th January - Guests are welcome to leave early, however there are no refunds. We do not accept any check-ins or check-outs on New Years Eve (31st Dec) or New Years Day (1st Jan)
- For Xmas we require a minimum stay of 24 & 25 December. Sorry, we cannot accept check-in or check-outs on Xmas Day (25th Dec).
- We allow no one under the age of 20 for between 27/12 - 03/01
- I.D should be provided at check in. We accept a passport, NZ driver’s licence or HANZ 18+ card ONLY.
- There will be a liquor ban in place mirroring the Queenstown Lakes District and liquor cannot be consumed on the premises. We reserve the right to confiscate any alcohol during this period.
- Group Bookings (4 guests or more) is at the discretion of Aspen Lodge + the Group Booking Terms and Conditions will apply.
- We have a strict no guest policy during this period. Anyone found breaching this rule will be asked to leave immediately without any refund.
- Once inside the 7 night cancellation policy bookings will be pre charged and as from then are non refundable. The Credit Card held against the booking will be charged. Please note the credit card fee is 3%. If you wish to pay an alternative way you must contact the property at least 7 nights prior to arrival.
- Bookings over $500, weekly rate, discounted special or group bookings are all paid upfront and non refundable.
- We accept Cash, EFTPOS and Credit Card (Credit Card (Visa & Mastercard only) & any Contactless Payment have a 3% surcharge).
We appreciate early notification of any cancellations made.
- If you booked via another booking website you will need to cancel with them directly and adhere to their terms and conditions.
- Cancellation requests for bookings made at through our website www.aspenlodge.co.nz should be sent to email@example.com
New Year's booking are non-refundable no cancellation even when you book it with 3rd party Booking Website